Translate

Tuesday 19 January 2016

REVIEW: Innisfree Bija Trouble Facial Foam

Hello Everyone!

After trying out Korean cleansers lately, which I've literally fallen in love with, I'm now using the Innisfree Bija Trouble Facial Foam. Let's see what this baby is about.





Since I've been suffering from acne for a while now, I always buy gentle cleansers for my skin and as Innisfreeworld was celebrating its first anniversary last year, it offered a 50% discount on all its cleansers. So this one, I got it for $5 instead of $10 for 150 ml. I actually wanted the Green Tea Cleansing Foam but it was already out of stock. But it didn't matter. 

What this Product is about
What it is
A refreshing facial foam for skin trouble

1. This refined, foamy lather thoroughly cleanses pores while preventing and relieving skin trouble.

2. Contains natural ingredients, such as salicyl acid, to remove dead skin cells and treat skin problems
What else you need to know
Free from: synthetic colorants, mineral oil, animal-originated ingredients, artificial fragrances, and imidazolidinyl urea
How to use
Squeeze an appropriate amount onto clean hands and create lather. Smoothly massage over your face and thoroughly rinse with luke warm water afterwards.

Ingredients
Experience bija's excellent soothing effects! 

Bija seeds are a rare ingredient that can only be used after they have survived 20 years in the wild. 

Its hardy properties gently smooth skin and enhance the skin's natural defense system.




Well, Bija seeds (Also known as Torreya in Korea) look like this.





Torreya seed oil is the oil extracted from the seeds of the Torreya nucifera tree found in Japan and South Korea’s Jeju Island. Torreya Nucifera is an evergreen tree from the pine family and the oil from the seed is edible. The oil has many health benefits— applied on the skin it can heal inflammation, treat acne and boils (Source : Bumby Boo) 
WATER, GLYCERIN, STEARIC ACID, MYRISTIC ACID, PEG-32, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, LAURIC ACID, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, TORREYA NUCIFERA SEED OIL(750mg), SALICYLIC ACID, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, DEXTRIN, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, DISODIUM EDTA, MENTHOL, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, ROSA CENTIFOLIA FLOWER EXTRACT, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PEG-100 STEARATE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) EXTRACT, SODIUM BENZOATE, FRAGRANCE

Furthermore, the Innisfree Bija Trouble Facial Foam is part of the Bija anti-trouble product line.



My Experience

Like different cleansers, I've used the Innisfree Bija Trouble Facial Foam comes in a fairly large plastic tube without a packaging box, but sealed in a plastic film. The tube is white and blue with bija seed designs.

It used to look like this, which I think looked cool but they repackaged it into a simpler version but the product is still the same. No upgrade whatsoever. I got the original version which is now no longer available. Which package design do you prefer?


Original Version


Repackaged Version


As for the product itself, it has a creamy-like texture with a slightly pale orange undertone. It somewhat reminds me of my FaceShop Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam (Mung Beans), except that the latter had a green undertone. As for the smell, it has the usual "Innisfree Smell", that is the very herbal smell that can be found in the Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder,  the Innisfree Water Glow Cushion and most particularly in the Innisfree Eco Safety Perfect Sunblock. If you are used to Innisfree products, you must know what I'm talking about. But it's not that overwhelming and it's not a scent that would stick to your skin. However, it's not a very likeable and pleasing scent.



What I like about that facial foam is that a small amount lathers really well and is just enough to wash my whole large face. So it's economical and good to go for a long time. I've noticed that cleansers that do not lather that much and these just get used up within a month or two.

About its effects on my skin, I don't think it completely prevents trouble 'cause I'm still combating acne on sensitive parts of my face and I've been using it for like a month. I've had the best skin during the festive seasons though (maybe thanks to it). Well, it is gentle, and it doesn't irritate my skin. Areas like my forehead are completely free from trouble. Also, it does clean my skin thoroughly, even when I have leftover makeup, and it helps relieving my pimples just a little bit. It's not that bad. It does a good job at cleansing my skin. Guess my sensitive cheeks have an upper-hand on such trouble care products.

After washing my face with that foam, I feel a refreshing minty sensation since it contains menthol and it doesn't dry my face.  

Pros:
-Very good at cleansing
-Very good at removing makeup
-Cleans pores
-Not drying
-Gentle for the skin
-Refreshing 
-Lathers a lot 
-Not expensive 
 
Cons:
-Did not prevent my acne
-Not portable
-Unpleasant scent

In general, I would recommend the Innisfree Bija Trouble Facial Foam although I prefer and miss my Faceshop Herb Day one. However, it made me wanna try the other cleansing foams in Innisfree.

Stay Beautiful and Sweet


 \(^_^)/

 Aegyo Girl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment